Commissioned in 1913 by Harry F. Robinson for the Adolf Brandt Home at 639 Plymouth Road SE, East Grand Rapids, MI. The residence has been renovated. Prior to the renovation, this work was removed from the residence and framed. Unsigned.
We would like to thank Joel Zwart, Curator of Exhibitions and Collections at GVUS Art Gallery, Grand Valley State University in Allendale, MI for confirming the authenticity of this work and its inclusion in the artist's catalogue raisonne by James A. Straub. Link to Mathias J. Alten : A Catalogue Raisonne. [Online] http://alten.gvsuartgallery.org/index.php/catalogue-raisonn%C3%A9 Frame Measurements H 39.5" W 70.25"