Nacreous semi-matte gray glaze with violet passages on a slip-cast form. Underglaze Pewabic circular mark and "64" written in white paint. This Stable Studio vase is the first documented iridescent glaze vessel until the pottery moved into the East Jefferson Avenue studio in 1907. This is documented in a June 4, 1946 letter written by Mrs. Stratton when she sent this vessel to the Detroit Institute of Arts for consideration as an addition to their Pewabic collection. On her hand written list of objects she sketched and described this pieces as "First Iridescent-1906".The "64" on the underside refers to the corresponding number in Perry's Day Book - where Charles Lang Freer suggested that she record what she believed to be "special" pieces. This example is illustrated and described in: Pewabic Pottery by Thomas W. Brunk, in the illustrated section between p.121 and p.123. Provenance: Collection of Mary Chase Perry Stratton; Property of a major metro Detroit collector of Pewabic pottery.